Notifications to graders, modify format 2.4

Notifications to graders, modify format 2.4

by Velson Horie -
Number of replies: 3

I run three identical courses over a year, overlapping by a few months. Each course, I receive ca 900 email notifications for Quizzes and Assignments completed by students.  These need to be filed in the appropriate folder then marked. A typical email header for a notification is

From/To/Subject

John Smith/Velson Horie/John Smith has completed Unit13

Is there any way to change the format of the notification header of submitted quizzes and assignments to something like

From/To/Subject

John Smith/Velson Horie/Course01 Unit13

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Velson Horie

Re: Notifications to graders, modify format 2.4

by ben reynolds -

Hi,
I just use course shortname in the email to filter. VLIT-151A->Assignment->Lesson 1 Image Cognition Assignment (ICA) So, I would filter on VLIT-15A. If you need to put in subfolders, user the name of the activity: "Lesson 1 Image Confition Assignment (ICA)."

In reply to ben reynolds

by Velson Horie -
Thank you.
Yes I do that.
But the subject line is so long that the quizz/assignment name is at the end of a long redundant phrase, which means that the window would not fit on my laptop screen, even when sorted.
I was hoping that someone would have realised that enabling the configuring of the subject line to streamline the process would be useful. So much of Moodle seems to be verbose, when minimalism would be far more productive.
In reply to Velson Horie

by ben reynolds -

Hmm, looking at a subject header for notification of an assignment submission, I see

Submitted: RIA LODD -> PARENTS AND STUDENTS PLEASE READ Unit 5 Feedback

So, the student name, then the title of the assignment. (This is Moodle 2.3 or so.) It seems to me the only things produced programmatically are "submitted" and the student name. Can you adjust the titles?

You mention a redundant phrase. What would that be? Can you paste an example?