Bootstrap Elements Plugin

Bootstrap Elements Plugin

by Jez H -
Number of replies: 9

Hi All,

We just released a "Bootstrap Elements" plugin based on Label to allow users to easily add Toggle / Modal to a course page. Its minimal at the moment but will be built out over time.

https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_bootstrapelements

The reason I am mentioning this in the themes forum is that the plugin is dependent on elements being supported by the sites theme (obviously).

So far we have only tested this with our own theme and Essential, but if anyone wants to test it with other likely candidates let us know and we will add those themes to a list of compatible themes in the plugin page.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Jez H

Re: Bootstrap Elements Plugin

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Cool Jez, I'll check it out when I get a moment.  As it works with Essential then it should work with Shoelace as that is also BS based.

In reply to Jez H

by Joseph Conradt -

Hey Jez. Mentioned this plugin on my blog. I love the idea of adding more Bootstrap components to Moodle and I can't wait to see (hopefully!) more components in the future.

Good job and good luck!

In reply to Joseph Conradt

by Jez H -

Thanks for that, we updated it today, it now has a picker for Font Awesome icons if you want to check it out smile

In reply to Jez H

by Boris Malysh -

Hey Jez!
I've tried the plugin in the UIkit theme, but it didn't work. Obviously becase the theme isn't supported yet. 
I would be very greatful if you could add the theme to the list of themes supported.

Most likely not only me ))

And thank you for your plugin, even though it doen't work with the theme I've chosen, I can see it's really useful.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Boris Malysh

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

My understanding is that the bootstrap elements plugin requires a bootstrap theme - UIKit is not a bootstrap theme and so the plugin will not work (and is not expected to work) with it.

This theme is built from its core to work with UIkit (a framework similar to Twitter Bootstrap) - UIKit

This plugin will only work with themes that are based on Bootstrap and have support for for the Bootstrap elements referenced by this plugin. - Bootstrap elements

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Robin Leung -

Tried this with the Element theme and BCU theme, it doesn't seem to be responding as it should with either theme. Help?

In reply to Robin Leung

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I'm getting errors after just adding this plugin.

Did you remember to call setType() for 'bootstrapicon'? Defaulting to PARAM_RAW cleaning.

• line 1312 of \lib\formslib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 284 of \lib\formslib.php: call to moodleform->detectMissingSetType()
  • line 202 of \lib\formslib.php: call to moodleform->_process_submission()
  • line 86 of \course\moodleform_mod.php: call to moodleform->moodleform()
  • line 251 of \course\modedit.php: call to moodleform_mod->moodleform_mod()