Essential theme - remove course title

Essential theme - remove course title

by Yvonne Hamilton -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I have swapped to the Essential theme. In our current Moodle we have banners that display the course name on the course main page but in Essential we get the large font of the course title showing on every course main page which is new to us. Is there a way to stop the course name from displaying on the course page? Moodle 2.7.1 Essential v2.7.7. We can't upgrade Essential as we are forced to use IE9 ...still.

Thanks in advance,

Yvonne

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yvonne Hamilton

Re: Essential theme - remove course title

by Yvonne Hamilton -

Hi,

I would still appreciate some advice on this if anyone can help ....How to we stop the course full name from showing on the course main page in Essential theme. Sometimes the name used in our course banners (created by us) need to be slightly different than the actual Course full name. Now we have conflicting information showing in some courses.

Thanks,

Yvonne

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Yvonne Hamilton -

Thanks so much for your quick response Gareth! I will have a play.

Regards,

Yvonne

by Francis Kneebone -

Here is a lighter way through adding this to the custom CSS in your Theme settings

h1.coursetitle {
  1. displaynone;
}
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Francis Kneebone

by Andrew Kirkwood -

Thanks for that response, Francis. It's cleaned up my activity pages in an instant!