Feedback for Turnitin V2

Feedback for Turnitin V2

by Mari Cruz García -
Number of replies: 7

Hello,

I would like to ask for feedback regarding Turnitin V2 Peermark. I have created my first Peermark assignment in Moodle 2.6.5, which is a very stable version and Peermark works extremely slow.

When I click on 'Turnitin Tutors' sometimes I get a blank page. We are running Moodle in php 5.5.3. There is plenty of RAM memory so I don't know why the plugins is sooo slow.

The version of Turnitin V2 that we are using is '2014012407'.

Regards,

Mari Cruz

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mari Cruz García

Re: Feedback for Turnitin V2

by Mari Cruz García -

Is Turnitin V2 running OK in your Moodle sites?

by John McGettrick -

Hi Mari Cruz,

We don't have any reported issues using Peermark through the plugin. Can you contact support so we can investigate this further please?

Regards

In reply to John McGettrick

by Mari Cruz García -

Hello John,

Thanks for replying. Today Turnitin V2 ran well so it was probably our installation yesterday.

I have just reported the following glitches to your colleague in Newcastle, Scotland: The Moodle Direct integration does not save the 'Additional settings' options, so if you select the option 'Allow students without a paper to review', even if you select the 'Save and continue' box, it is not saved.

According to your colleague, I should see an option allowing me to manually pair the students and decide how many students would review another student's submission, but I couldn't see that option either.

We are using Turnitin V2 2014012407.

Regards,

Mari Cruz

by Mari Cruz García -

Hello John,

I think you had a meeting with Fabio, from iParadigm UK this morning about the aforementioned bug.

I have also discovered another bug which I have reported to Fabio in our meeting this morning:

With the right settings (Generate Reports Immediately (resubmissions are allowed until due date) in the Turnitin site (submit.ac.uk) the originality reports are not generated and iParadigm has to force the generation. This has happened twice in three Turnitin V2 assignments created in the same way.

I would appreciate it if you could also have a look to that bug as I have a demostration of Turnitin Peermark on Tuesday for the Medical School of the University of Dundee.

Thank you very much.

Mari Cruz

by Matt Timms -
I have a question about the integration of PeerMark with the Moodle Gradebook. Has that been implemented with this plugin?

We're having trouble with this. To outline our issues:

1) When you an instructor goes to grade a PeerMark review, it says it's out of 10 even if the assigned points for the PeerMark assignment are different points are different.

2) On TurnItIn.com in their gradebook, the percentage it shows seems to be related to the number of points in a strange way. For example, if the PeerMark assignment is worth 50 points, and an instructor gives it a 6/10 (see issue number 1 above) it converts that to being 30/50 but then lists the percentage as being 30%.

3) The biggest issue for us, however, is that the grade given for a PeerMark assignment does not create a separate grade item in the Moodle Gradebook, nor does it appear to have any influence on the overall grade.

I've contacted TurnItIn support but haven't heard anything back from them; is anyone else having this problem?
In reply to Matt Timms

by John McGettrick -

Hi Matt,

Peermark is not currently integrated with the Moodle Gradebook but that could be something we would look at. If you make this suggestion via Uservoice when logged in to Turnitin then the possibility will be investigated.

I will talk to support about responding to your grades query.

Regards

John

In reply to John McGettrick

by Matt Timms -
Hi John,

Thanks for that info. We'd had the integration with a previous (pre-Moodle Direct?) plugin so I had assumed it would be included. My mistake.

I appreciate the follow up on the other issue as well.

-Matt