Question about MDL-45712

Question about MDL-45712

by John D. Black -
Number of replies: 4

MDL-45712 request the addition of a Result field to the SCORM Interactions Report. This will enable educators to quickly perform an item analysis, e.g. what percentage of students missed a given question - very useful information when evaluating the effectiveness of instruction and/or the reliability of an assessment.

I'm not a technician and I don't have the influence in my corporation to fund development work. However, my company does have a small army of web technicians. I might be able to sweet-talk someone into doing this work. What skill set would be required? How hard would it be for a qualified developer?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John D. Black

Re: Question about MDL-45712

by KirK Chapman -

Hi John,

I'm sure you've seen that your request has been implemented in 2.7.3. Thanks for requesting this much needed analysis tool!

As to your question, we use MS office spreadsheet tools like v-look up and pivot tables.  This might prove to be a short term fix if you're pressed for time in crunching data. Lots of tutorials in the excel visual basic community.

I'm always amazed at what excel can do- sorta like Moodle.

Peace

In reply to KirK Chapman

by John D. Black -

Wow! That's news to me. smile The issue is still open in the Tracker. 

In reply to John D. Black

by KirK Chapman -

Hi John

I noticed that too but I am unsure about exactly how the tracker works. Perhaps there are other procedural checks to do before they officially close it.

Interestingly, I can't access the correct/wrong  analysis directly in the initial SCORM interactions report (the one you get after you click 'Grades' in the course admin block.)  Currently, I access it through the 'Track details' link. (screen shot)  This takes you to another page where you have Learning objects and another Interactions report (userreportinteractions) . The latter having the correct/wrong  information in a downloadable format that I think is most useful to teachers.

So, Both the SCORM report and the Track details report include an Interactions report. The new 'Results' item analysis is in the 'Track details' report.

A bit confusing but; so many thing in life arethoughtful I'm just glad Marsden hooked us up with the tool-very useful!

Thanks again John.

Peace

Attachment New-Results-feature.png
In reply to KirK Chapman

by KirK Chapman -

Hi John,

I am wrong. I re -read your tracker report and  realized that the feature has not been added. I now see that it is the SCORM report interaction that needs the addition. My apology!  Combining the info from the two interaction reports is an alternative but surely,  your request would streamline the analysis process. Again, my apology.

Peace