Moodle installed on web 1&1

Moodle installed on web 1&1

by Jimmy Tantra -
Number of replies: 7

Please can anyone help ... I have installed Moodle on 1&1 web portal . The package is part of 1& 1 host providers. www.e-sebs.com After a successful install I am trying to set up  a questioner only to find in add an activity or resource I cannot see any Questionnaire

no questionare shows up in add resources

and why do I get this error message when I type the URL in address bar but then it jumps into Moodle

the page cannot be displayed will redirect

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jimmy Tantra

Re: Moodle installed on web 1&1

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Jimmy,

Questionnaire is an addon and has to be installed after you get your Moodle up and running.

You typed www as part of the url you entered in the web browser, but your Moodle config.php file doesn't have it in there. If that is the way you want address to be, then you need to add the www into the $CFG->wwwroot entry of your config.php file. Otherwise, type the address without the www and leave the config.php as it is.

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Jimmy Tantra -

Hi I found the downloads tried all versions . went to Plugins > Install Addons  and tried to install all versions but same message on all zip files?

please can you help..

Thanks

jimmy Tantra

In reply to Jimmy Tantra

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Jimmy,

For anyone to be able to help you further, we need to know some details such as what version of Moodle, how are you getting the versions of the addon and which ones, and just what "message" were you getting.

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Jimmy Tantra -

Hi Al

Really sorry to be a pain.. but now I have spent the whole weekend trying to get a simple questionnaire on e-sebs.com..

I have setup moodle from 1&1 website and the version is as follows:

1&1 moodle version

Plg in Chosen 

Downloaded from https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=mod_questionnaire

I then go to "site administration">"Plugins">"Install add ONS"

Then I choose Questionnaire Type

Type in Install

Install the Zip fileinstall of File

install

Fault

Really frustrating ... We are a special needs school and have to setup a questioner so that users can log in as guests and do a simple 25 question questioner every two months.

Please Al .... can I achieve this in moodle or am I just flogging a dead horse?

Many Thanks for all your help and support

Thanks

Jimmy Tantra 

In reply to Jimmy Tantra

by AL Rachels -

Hi Jimmy,

I think your problem is that you are trying to install questionnaire as a question type, but it is an activity module (mod) and has to be installed in the mod folder.

HTH,

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Robert Brenstein -
Unless things have changed in the latest Moodle: only the feedback module allows guests to respond, keeping each guest as a separate record (that is not overwriting the previous guest). One of the other modules allows answering anonymously but users have still to log into the course using their accounts.
In reply to AL Rachels

by Jimmy Tantra -

Many Thanks... It worked with your help. I went onto 1&1 web hosting and using file explorer put the unzipped Questionnaire files in the MOD folder . When I opened moodle it told me an upgrade was available ... said yes upgrade and to my surprise the Questionnaire was there.

Thank you...  

If you can assist with this it would be helpful I have put this on the blocks forum also:

Remove Administration Block for Student in Moodel 2.6

Firstly I must explain as to why I want to do this.. on www.e-sebs.com 1&1 web Hosted site. 

I have been requested to get all School Staff (Teachers, Support Staff, Maintenance, Admin etc.) to complete a questionnaire on ICT. I currently have two accounts  - Administrator" and "Survey". The "survey" account is based on Student Profile and will be used to fill in the questionnaire anonymously .

When the user logs in as "survey" to complete the questionnaire we want this person to only fill in the questionnaire and not be able to amend / change any of the features in the Administration Block, hence just want to hide it or delete it for "survey" user.

If I can get rid of the Navigation block, that would be a bonus. 

We do not want the Administration Block to show for the Student Survey logon User BUT be available for the Administrator.

Please we are very new to moodle and step by step instructions would be welcome.

Please can you help 

Jim

remove administration Block from Student login