tried fresh install, it fails

tables should be ordered by dependencies,

I've reordered in lib/db/install.xml

tables are created OK, other issues start to show up

I want to work on this systematically,

what is the correct way to do so and have my code integraded to moodle.org

?

10x

attaching first patch (reorder core tables creation)

done against 2.7.1

Promedio de valoraciones: -
En respuesta a Asaf Ohaion

Re: Foreign Keys - Reloaded

de Richard Oelmann -
Imagen de Core developers Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagen de Plugin developers Imagen de Testers

You say

"I've started this issue again
I think its really important"

Please can you say where the "again" is from - a link to previous discussions or tracker issues

And why you consider it to be important, please.

If this is an improvement to the way Moodle's database is structured I would imagin the best next step would be for you to create a tracker issue for it and identify there the why's and how's involved.

En respuesta a Richard Oelmann

de Marcus Green -
Imagen de Core developers Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagen de Plugin developers Imagen de Testers

I used my Google Fu to discover this

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=192575

It's about Foreign Key relationships. I think that it should be possible to install Moodle with foreign keys turned on. At minimum it would make it easier for developers to work out the relationships between tables.

(I am moving towards Duck Duck Fu but it doesn't scan as well)

de Tomasz Muras -
Imagen de Core developers Imagen de Plugin developers Imagen de Plugins guardians Imagen de Translators
You should create an issue on tracker.moodle.org . When you do, put link to it here, I'm ddefinitely going to vote for it - I also think it's important to at least make it possible to turn on foreign keys support in DB.

cheers,
Tomek
En respuesta a Tomasz Muras

de Dan Marsden -
Imagen de Core developers Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagen de Peer reviewers Imagen de Plugin developers Imagen de Plugins guardians Imagen de Testers Imagen de Translators

we already have a tracker issue related to foreign key support - please see: MDL-30799

There are some linked issues that need to be resolved - and it's likely there are other issues that need to be resolved before we can turn them on.

En respuesta a Dan Marsden

de Séverin Terrier -
Imagen de Documentation writers Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagen de Testers Imagen de Translators

I also think that foreign key support would be a good thing.

At least it should be on for new Moodle sites.

But for old sites, there should absolutly need solutions to repair all problems that can exist in DB!

In my university, we've started using Moodle with version 1.5, and updated by several 1.5.x, 1.6.x, 1.8.x, 1.9.x. Then we've set up a new 2.4 (updated to 2.7), but as we've restored content from 1.9, we still have several problems in the DB. And there are also several problems shown via /moodle/admin/tool/health/

And even a Moodle started in 2.1 (updated to 2.3, 2.5 and 2.7) has problems shown via XMLDB editor checkups.

Séverin

תשובה ל: Foreign Keys - Reloaded

de Avi Levy -
Imagen de Core developers Imagen de Plugin developers Imagen de Testers

Hi,

I was comment on the ticket and add link to my repo in github, I was able to install the moodle with foriegn key enabled, but we need to check if its Ok, that all action was done by the admin user and also I was need to change sthe session manager. I don't know if there is any secuerty issue with this fix, we need to test it.

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-30799