When I backup a course without the enrolled users, I still end up with a cohort sync and enrolled users in the course I restore to?

When I backup a course without the enrolled users, I still end up with a cohort sync and enrolled users in the course I restore to?

by Andrew Leer -
Number of replies: 0

I'm using Moodle 2.5;

I do a backup of an existing course, from which I want to backup a single topic.

Backup

1. I enter the course
  2. I click "Course Administration->Backup"
  3. Uncheck "Include enrolled users", and leave only "Include activities",  "Include blocks", "Include filters" checked.
  4. Click "Next"
  5. Check off just the Section / Subcomponents I want to include in the backup.
  6. Click "Next"
  7. Enter a filename for the backup
  8. Clicked "Perform Backup"
  9. Download the backup file.

Restore

1. I go into the new course where I want to restore just the sections I have selected.
  2. I click "Course Administration->Restore"
  3. Add the file I backed up to be restored.
  4. Click "Restore"
  5. Click "Continue"
  6. Select the "Merge the backup into this course" radio button.
  7. Click "Continue"
  8. Only check off "Include activities", "Include blocks", "Include filters"; uncheck "Restore as manual enrollments"
  9. Click "Next"
  10. Set "Overwrite course configuration" to "No".
  11. Click "Next"
  12. Click "Perform Restore"
  13. Click "Continue"
  14. Click "Course Administration->Users->Enrollment Methods"

At this point I notice that the Cohort Sync from the course I backed up appears here despite my unchecking of "Restore as manual enrollments" in the restore process, and my unchecking of "Include enrolled users" in the backup process. 

I click delete, to delete the old cohort sync at this point, and it doesn't effect the course that I backed up; but the two checkboxes should mean what they say.  Is this a known bug?

Average of ratings: -