theme_standard for moodle 2.8

theme_standard for moodle 2.8

by Manex Etxabe -
Number of replies: 4

Does anyone know if the theme_standard will be updated to 2.8?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Manex Etxabe

Re: theme_standard for moodle 2.8

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

It is marked as "seeking a new maintainer" which suggests  nobody is currently working on it, so I would say it is unlikely. Do you have a special reason for needing it?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Manex Etxabe -

My theme is a customization of a copy of the standard. This is the reason. I supose I'll have to start again with a Clean theme copy.

Thanks for the reply

In reply to Manex Etxabe

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Why should you need to make a new theme? There is nothing in Standard theme that will stop it working in 2.8 So use your theme. If it needs standard theme to work with it then import the Standard them too when you upgrade to Moodle 2.8

if you need it to work in a mobile devices then that can be achieved too. Take a look at Afterburner for ideas in how to convert the layout to be responsive. You only need a very simple set of @media queries to style it.

https://github.com/lazydaisy/moodle/blob/MOODLE_26_STABLE/theme/afterburner/style/afterburner_responsive.css

if you get stuck just ask me for help, that's what I am here for!

cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Manex Etxabe -

I thought new DOM changes not work well with my css and js, but I'll see how well it works.

Thanks for the reply