writing a custom resource input page to allow easy tables

writing a custom resource input page to allow easy tables

by Tom Murdock -
Number of replies: 5
My teachers are doing a curriculum mapping project (previously mentioned here), and we need to create resources that have 5 clear tables.

I have a sample html page located here.

How difficult is it to create a custom input form page in Moodle that will make it possible for my teachers to simply enter and edit the information in the tables, without messing with the html code in an html resource page?

TIA,
Tom

The more I think about this, it is impossible unless my "new map" form creates 5 new resource pages at a time, each being editable within a form, right?

Should I just run a second mysql database with the maps and have the Moodle resource a window into it? If so, does anybody know a really simple php script for a mysql database that could store, sort, edit, and report such info?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom Murdock

Re: writing a custom resource input page to allow easy tables

by Tom Murdock -
Martin,

do you think it is possible for me to adapt Sean's pseudo-section routine (http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=2477)?

I thought that I could make a series of distinct resources (like Sept Questions, Sept Content, Sept Skills, etc...), then create an html page that somehow calls the details.php file for each of them so that they can be edited from the same screen?

treading water with sharks and whales below,
Tom
In reply to Tom Murdock

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
If they are using IE on Windows the Richtext editor will show the tables properly and let them be edited - so you could just use normal HTML resources. Is this viable for you?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Tom Murdock -
Ah, living with Macs, I don't have the richtext editor available... Still, it is a fine option. Sorry I missed the obvious.

-T
In reply to Tom Murdock

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Do the other teachers have Windows/IE though? You could start them off with tables designed elsewhere (eg in Mozilla Composer or any other HTML editor) and paste them in ...

blah
blah
blah
blah
In reply to Tom Murdock

by John Dell -
See my posting here on a possible solution for this. This is an alternative rich-text editor that has a table plugin allowing GUI table editing (among other things). Also, it has cross-platform capability (via mozilla) while still supporting the majority IE users.