open2study login

open2study login

by Ashish Jain -
Number of replies: 5

Can someone please explain how open2study.com is maintaining a common login between moodle and drupal .

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ashish Jain

Re: open2study login

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

As mentioned in the reply to your other post, the open2study site uses SAML based authentication. There are various plugins that support SAML for Moodle and Drupal. 

using SAML does require some advanced knowledge so if you are struggling you could pay a Moodle Partner to help you with the process.

I work for the NZ Moodle Partner Catalyst IT (our AU office looks after the open2study site).

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

SAML is frequently implemented using a technology referred to as Shibboleth, that is worth looking up in your research. It is not trivial to implement so experts like Catalyst are worth consulting.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Ashish Jain -

Thanks Dan.

I'm a beginner to Moodle development and I'm exploring moodle core by taking open2study as inspiration, as many customization are done on it. It would not be possible for me to pay. Also, can I get few tips for learning moodle core in general ?