Assessing theme usage/stats

Assessing theme usage/stats

by Bobby Siegfried -
Number of replies: 4

I'm wondering if there is way to find out how which themes are currently in-use within a single Moodle installation and how many courses are using each theme. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bobby Siegfried

Re: Assessing theme usage/stats

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Something like

SELECT theme, COUNT(*) FROM mdl_course GROUP BY theme;

might be a good start. I'm not aware of any UI that would display that.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Tim Hunt

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I do, thanks. I am also aware of https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=local_adminer and couple of other tools that are able to display SQL query results via user interface (including command line interface) that one can choose from. What I meant was that AFAIK this particular "theme usage" report is not displayed to admins by the standard Moodle distribution itself.
In reply to David Mudrák

by Bobby Siegfried -

Thank you for the responses, these are all great suggestions. I did read some about local_adminer but since it was just me who wanted to run the report, I just ran the sql command directly and it worked great.