saved form information in the editor, in 2.7

saved form information in the editor, in 2.7

by Derek Lawrie -
Number of replies: 0

Hi I have a legacy plugin that I have been patching to our needs (http://www.pageone.co.uk/services/janet-txt/moodlemobile) through the last couple of versions, it's been quirky but always been able to make it do what I needed.

Having recently upgraded to 2.7 I'm having a problem populating a form with previously saved information, more specifically the editor component.

If I replace the editor with a textarea with the correct name it works, but obviously that defeats the point of having a text editor at all. I notice that the editor when used changes the name attribute of the textarea (which is hidden), to 'message[text]' and has another hidden element that is named 'message[format]', if I use a basic textarea the name remains 'message' and it's filled with the correct output.

Does anyone know if there is a simple way of getting the correct value in there without altering the set_data part of it?

On a side note if anyone knows a better text messaging plugin that they use, I would be interested.

Average of ratings: -