No questions in quiz after restore

No questions in quiz after restore

by Alex Vanden Bosch -
Number of replies: 6

Hi!

We've recently moved into Moodle 2.7 and have backed up some courses to restore on a different Moodle site (theirs is Moodle 2.6). Within the courses are a few MCQ quizzes. For some reason when they restore the course the quizzes come up with 'No questions have been added yet'.

Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Vanden Bosch

Re: No questions in quiz after restore

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Moodle does not support backwards restore.  Also, you need to check whether include question bank was selected when you backed up.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Alex Vanden Bosch -

Hi Emma,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've just tested it on two other sites (both on different versions of Moodle) and it seems to work on those so it must be something to do with that particular site I guess, which is confusing. I did indeed include the question bank.

In reply to Alex Vanden Bosch

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Were the questions using a plugin question type that is not installed on the site in question?  

by Alex Vanden Bosch -

Nope, standard Moodle MCQs. Its okay, I figure we'll just insert them manually again. Just seems odd that it didn't work on that Moodle but worked on others, even with the same build.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The reason we do not try to support backwards restore is for situations where the database structure changes a lot between releases, and that did happen in the quiz between 2.6 and 2.7.

It was enough work making restore of old 2.6 backups in 2.7 work, and it does.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Alex Vanden Bosch -
Of course, but it all seems to be working fine on some other older builds, just not this one so it must be something to do with that particular setup I guess. I'm not proficient enough in that area to know.