Moodle mobile: expected/desired features

Moodle mobile: expected/desired features

by Juan Leyva -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

SSO with Moodle (if the Moodle site is open in a browser via the app don't ask for username and password again)

Book activity support

Hello,

we want to create a survey/poll in order to know which are the most expected/desired features in Moodle Mobile.

I'm creating an initial list of features based on the tracker feature requests and feedback from the community, please, let me know if you miss any important feature:

SSO with Moodle

Book activity support

IMS CP player

SCORM player

User dashboard as welcome screen

Customize and create new pages in the app via new settings in the Moodle site

Disable/enable certain features in the app via new settings in the Moodle site

Upload any type of file to the Moodle site

Assignment submission support

Assignment submissions view and grade by the teacher

Enable/disable sending and downloading data via 3g/wifi separately

RTL support

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan Leyva

Re: Moodle mobile: expected/desired features

by Mark Andrews -

Hi Juan,

Great idea!

The main area that come to mind for me would be a beefed notification interface 

I might not be using the app correctly so may have missed this but the following would be great:

• When viewing a notification about a message - there should be a link to that message & a way of replying
  • Same for forums - notified of a new forum post - include a link to that post and the ability to reply
  • Ability to clear notifications (one by one and on mass)

As a side, do you happen to know when the new 1.7 app will hit the windows store?

Cheers

Mark

In reply to Mark Andrews

Re: Moodle mobile: expected/desired features

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Mark,

thanks for your suggestions, Moodle Mobile 1.7 for windows devices should be available at the begining of the next week

Cheers, Juan