My IP blocks when adding scorm package

My IP blocks when adding scorm package

by amir ghasemiyan -
Number of replies: 4

Hello 

I have a problem with my moodl. I use version 2.5.6 and my server blocks my IP when I add a SCORM package. they says  your logs are too much per second and server automatically blocks you.

what should I do? is there any way to prevent blocking?

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to amir ghasemiyan

Re: My IP blocks when adding scorm package

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Amir,
you should change/upgrade your hosting package since it is not compatible with what required by Moodle: throttling DB queries per second is not a good choice for most of the Moodle core modules, neither any other limit on a time basis.

HTH,
Matteo

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by amir ghasemiyan -

thanks matteo for reply but what do you mean of upgrade hosting packages?!

my server supports my moodle requests.

In reply to amir ghasemiyan

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Amir,
IF your server actually supports your Moodle requests, it should NEVER prevent you to upload SCORM packages too: if there's no throttling, how your server is able to detect you're creating some load in few seconds when publishing a SCORM package and then it stops you to access the server?
Please, contact your Provider and ask them to remove that constraint/protection e.g by means of upgrading your server or removing that check from your current server.

Matteo

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by amir ghasemiyan -
Hi matteo

it don't prevent uploading my packages dear metteo

actually after uploading my IP blocks.

my server detects how much I access php files(college/theme/image.php). they call it logs. in fact if I access php files, it means I can edit every thing in my site, they blocks me because the server thinks I'm hacker :D

I talked to my provider. they say this is security option and con not be remove