Export in CSV

Export in CSV

by Nico Potgieter -
Number of replies: 9

A grate plugin and works well. I love the Rateing scale and is the main reason for using it

Is there a way to export the data to CSV format or does anybody have a SQL query for better reporting.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nico Potgieter

Re: Export in CSV

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Please see the section Download in text format in the documentation Viewing Questionnaire responses

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Nico Potgieter -

Thanks for that quick response.

I tried that but the export files does not contain any delimiters. I have attached the export txt

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I just tried importing your attached file into Excel 2007 using the instructions in the CSV file How to use it (direct link to that section) and it displayed for me fine. Were you wanting it to do something else? (Sorry - I am not very practised in csv files smile )

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Nico Potgieter -

Ok I got it.

The file gets exported as a text file and the delimiters are TAB.

No need to change the extension to csv. When importing into Excel make sure the delimited is checked and on the next screen TAB delimiters are checked.

The file will then get imported correctly.

Thanks for you help

by Joaquin Morales -

I need to download all the responses of all questionnaires of a course, do you know a way to do that?

by Luke Primm -

Hope all is well...  I have a similar dilemma.  The questionnaire ad-don is awesome, however exporting the data is where my problem lies.  I understand how to export, im just looking for any input from the community on how you all have handled the data once its been collected?  We are migrating from survey collection in vovici and now doing it all within moodle. 

So my ask is anyone doing anything constructive with the survey data once its all been collected or do you all just keep it in a text doc or excel doc? 

any ideas are appreciated, thanks!

lp

Group Column empty in the CSV

by Javier Varas -

The module is great but I have some trouble with the CSV. The group column is empty and I just don't see why.

Separate groups are enabled in the course (I also tried with Visible Grups). Users belong to a group. I can see all the responses or each group responses but if I Click "download in text format" the "Group" column is empty in the CSV".

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Attachment group3.png
Attachment groups.png
In reply to Javier Varas

Re: Group Column empty in the CSV

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Looks like a bug. I am seeing the same problem using Moodle 2.8 / Questionnaire version "2.8.2 (Build - 2015031901)".  What version are you using?

Can you file a bug report on the Moodle Tracker?