Completion tracking Require view condition problem

Completion tracking Require view condition problem

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Gordon,

Using Moodle 2.7.2+ (Build: 20141002) and HotPot 2014070225. If Activity completion is enabled for site and course, the HotPot Activity completion parameters feature 2 possible conditions:

Require view: Student must view this activity to complete it
Require grade: Student must receive a grade to complete this activity

Unfortunately, the Require view condition does not work. Actually, I am of opinion that this condition is useless (and misleading) on an activity which requires questions to be answered/graded (as the HotPot activity).

I suggest you remove the display of this useless condition from the HotPot settings. In file mod/hotpot/lib.php, line 58, change 'FEATURE_COMPLETION_TRACKS_VIEWS' => true, to false.

Joseph

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Completion tracking Require view condition problem

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Gordon,

I see you're back on the forum. Waiting for your answer to my query in this discussion.

ATB

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Joseph,
thanks for reporting this and supplying the workaround. There is also a report on the HotPot plugin download page about HotPot completion, so I am hoping to find time to investigate that too, before comitting the fix.

best regards
Gordon 

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Joseph,
I have fixed the activity completion based on VIEW for the HotPot and TaskChain activity module.

I have decided to leave this functionality available in both modules because in theory it is possible to run either of these activitieswithout a gradebook entry (e.g. set the maxium grade to 0%, or use an plain HTML file as the source file).

regards
Gordon