What do you do to expired course and students?

What do you do to expired course and students?

by Fajar Priyanto -
Number of replies: 2
Hi all,
I'm exploring Moodle more now. So far so good, I find that the help files are clear and complete. Exploring all the activities and resources is really fun. I'm very optimistic that I will be able to implement it into one of our schools that wants to use Learning Management System.

However, I want to know what is the best practice regarding expired course and students?
1. I understand that there is an option about course availability. Is this the option we use to "expire" a course?
2. How about students' grade? Can we maintain a history of it? For example, in high schools, when the student move on the next year, what to do to keep the grade in previous year?
Thank you in advance,
Fajar.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fajar Priyanto

Re: What do you do to expired course and students?

by Miles Berry -
FWIW, I'm setting up a "class of 2005" course for those who've just left sad - they'll keep their Moodle accounts, and the 'course' will provide discussion fora, chat and messaging so that they can keep in touch with one another and with the school.
In future years, I may well expand this into a more comprehensive alumni area.
In reply to Fajar Priyanto

Re: What do you do to expired course and students?

by Jason Hando -
Hi Fajar!
At our school we tend to do courses in two year blocks. So, a student starts Design & Technology in year 9 as an elective and continues on to end of year 10. In this way we can simply continue a course, change the name to 10 D&T, and hide old topics on the course main page & show new topics. Stats are maintained. The old year 9 course is backed up without user data and restored into a new course called 9 D&T.

Hope this makes sense. We only have to enrol students in odd numbered years: 7, 9, 11. Saves on admin as well.
Cheers,
Jason