Google Drive Repository - growing and growing

Google Drive Repository - growing and growing

by Gordon Toudt -
Number of replies: 3

We have been happily using the Google Drive plugin for some time now.  However.  What cleans the repository out of the downloaded files?  At what point do I do that manually if there is no automation?   How does it affect courses with these files attached?   I am at nearly a gig of storage just for files attached by students over the last month.    Help?  Is this handles in the course by the teacher once they grade an assignment to delete the file? Not always what you would want to do if you need to see it for future reference.   Our students are on Chromebooks and do not have Office but use GoogleDocs for their work and submissions.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gordon Toudt

Re: Google Drive Repository - growing and growing

by Bob Puffer -

One of the reasons we use our own Google repo, no downloads, just links, permissions maintained in the background according to role in the course.

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Gordon Toudt -

So that is a "no there is no way to manage this content except manually"?

In reply to Gordon Toudt

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi

It is a long time since I've experimented with Google Drive Moodle interaction, so may be off. Are you talking of the https://docs.moodle.org/en/Google_Drive_repository or something else? I am sure as a repository Google Drive offers to link or to copy. If everybody is just copying, why do they need Google Drive, they can just upload from the local computer to Moodle?