2.6 Assignment Filter Problem

2.6 Assignment Filter Problem

by Sue Harper -
Number of replies: 7

In assignments:  Filter setting 'no filter' is actually showing nothing. It looks as if no students have submitted anything (all columns are blank) - yet they have. It freaks instructors out.

Shouldn't the 'no filter' setting actually be the opposite? meaning  'show all' (show submitted, needs marking, blanks for those who have not submitted, show those where instructors have marked. etc.  - just show everything?)

Is this a bug in our assignment activity - or are others getting this? If it is only with us - can someone let us know how to fix this - we want the filter setting 'no filter' to Show All.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sue Harper

Re: 2.6 Assignment Filter Problem

by Andrew Yong -

We are having issues with the assignment filter as well.

Example: 

We have had a number of instances now where students have submitted an assignment, the following can be observed

1. When the filer is set to "submitted" these students appear with a status of "submitted for grading" (i.e. not yet graded)
  2. When the filter is set to "Requires grading" some students do NOTappear. 

This is obviously a bug. 

In reply to Andrew Yong

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello Andrew ,

When you select "Submitted for grading" it will list all the students name who has submitted the assignment already.

When you select "Require grading" it will all the student submissions which are not graded. The assignments which are already graded will not appear in the table.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Andrew Yong -

Hi Sakshi

The problem is that those who don't appear, had just recently submitted and have not yet been graded.

In reply to Andrew Yong

by Dorel Manolescu -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi

I confirm the issue also in 2.7.2+ (Build: 20140925).

I did a little bit of debugging and it seems that those users excluded by the filter have in the table:

mdl_assign_grades a grade of  -1.000000 and so for example the function: public function count_submissions_need_grading() in locallib.php is ignoring the records.

Maybe somebody can explain in which scenario a grade of -1.0000 will be recorded in the database table for assignment grades.

Thanks!

mdandl_assign_grades

In reply to Dorel Manolescu

by Dorel Manolescu -
Picture of Plugin developers

There is another place where you can see the bug effects.

Under ..mod/assign/view.php?id=xx

Grading summary/Needs grading the total there is also wrong and it confuses the teachers

Cheers!

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by nainesh kathrotia -

Hi will you please help me how to export assighnment  report.(only status with student name how many submitted and how many not submitted)