github update? Juan

github update? Juan

by Gary Lynch -
Number of replies: 5

Hi Juan

I have seen in github that you have updated some code that includes the forum function.

i have installed the update but get a error message

'Cannot find data record in database tables external functions'

1. is this because i need to add a webservice and db shortname?
  2. Will i have to edit the config file?

i would like to test the function but unfortunately im stuck on 2.5 until my organisation updates its browsers in October sad

regards

Gary

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gary Lynch

Re: github update? Juan

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Gary,

yes, I'm working in the forum support for the app. But you will need the latest version of the local_mobile plugin to work (and those versions are not published yet)

The master branch of github is a development branch, so some functionalities you may see there, are not going to work

Regards

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Gabriel Souza -

Juan

I have been working in the last weeks on this Forum functionality, even for the user be able to store locally the forum information and be able to read offline. My issue is the following:

The Web service to get the forum discussions need the token, in the other hand the moodle_mobile_app does not have the forum webservices included. So, we have to generate a second service with forum functionality, but with another token... I have no idea how overcome to this situation.

Is there a way to include the forum web services to the moodle_mobile_app?

Best regards
Gabriel

In reply to Gabriel Souza

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

Gabriel

FWIW, wouldn't it better to work collaboratively with Juan on this feature? You have ideas about your own requirements, which others are likely to share/appreciate, and working on the same end result might be better. He might also have done some of the stuff you have, then certain parts of your code would enhance what's been done.

Also, any web services functionality lacking is better off (to my mind) either in the local_mobile plugin (which was agreed high up as a good way of retrofitting the functions to older moodles as well as new ones), or the core web services (it would be nice to see the mobile stuff in core at some point).

So it's managed properly, and can be reused by others deploying their own customised stylings (beyond just the CSS) of the app.

In reply to Gabriel Souza

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Gabriel,

here is explained: https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_Mobile_Customization

You need to create a custom service including all the functions in the moodle_mobile_app plus the custom ones you created

You need then to edit the config.json file to point to the correct service

In any case, please keep in mind for the future what David said. Is better to contribute or coordinate your work with me, I'm pretty open to contributions and to help smile

Cheers, Juan