File types Moodle app can download

File types Moodle app can download

by gary kulibert -
Number of replies: 5

I have been working on a project for captains classes using ispring. Files are saved as html5. The app can read the files but will not permit me to download them onto the mobile device. It is very important to us that the presentation can be downloaded.

Checked all the setting on moodles to make sure this can be done. How do we get the app to download the files? what type must they be in?

gary

Average of ratings: -
In reply to gary kulibert

Re: File types Moodle app can download

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

How are you uploading the files into Moodle? Using which type of resource?

In reply to Juan Leyva

by gary kulibert -

Yes we upload each presentation. There are from Ispring so there is a index.html and a html5.html file which then link to the data files. The moodle app will launch the presentation and can be viewed but not downloaded. 

If I try to use the ispring app I get an error that the files are not accessible. SO right now the moodle app is the best alternative. We work with people out at sea with no access, so this is a big issue for our business.

thanks

gary

In reply to gary kulibert

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Gary,

can you give me access to a demo site so I can test a course with your presentations?

Is the only way I think I can test what is happening properly

If it's ok for you, you can send me the credentials via a private message

Cheers, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by gary kulibert -

Hi tried several times but bounced; not sure what email to use.

gary