ERROR!!! The code you are using is OLDER after change database

by reza budi ryanzah -
Number of replies: 1

I have a problem with my moodle virtual server. The harddisk of it's server is crash and cannot fix at all. Fortunately i still have my old Moodle app, so i try to use moodle and moodle_data folder inside with update database. But when i use update database this error exist:

what should i do?

I use same version between my old moodle and the new one. At the beginning i think that it would be fine, coz i still have my old moodle and my update database. But when i mix it this error happen.

Below is screenshot of my moodle version:

I use mysql (free) for the database. Please someone help me..thanks for you all

Average of ratings: -
In reply to reza budi ryanzah

Re: ERROR!!! The code you are using is OLDER after change database

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Please find the file called 'version.php' in the root/home folder of your Moodle installation and tell show us its contents. 

If you can, open the database browser that came with your hosting, find the table in your Moodle database called 'mdl_config' and find the entry where name='version'. Show us the contents of that record please?

If the version from version.php is *older* (version number is lower) than the one from the database, the message is true and you have got hold of an older version of Moodle than you had installed before. That message is almost always correct.