Submissions closed - emergency

Submissions closed - emergency

by Dirk Meyer -
Number of replies: 6

Thanks for looking at this.

On our 2.7, we can not submit any assignment. The message that is displayed is 'Submissions closed' even though due dates are not enabled. Any help is really appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dirk Meyer

Re: Submissions closed - emergency

by ben reynolds -

Check that "Allow submissions from" is not turned on and has an early date.

Look at the settings in "Submission settings," "Group submission settings," and "Restrict access."

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to ben reynolds

by Dirk Meyer -

Thank you Ben.

Justin Hunt (POODLL Guy) was able to solve the issue. Apparently in 2.7, one needs to be enrolled in a course in order to submit an assignment. My admins were pretty stressed because they wanted to check that the submit assignment was working, but it was not for them and there was no obvious error message. Once they enrolled in the course, they could submit. Good to know.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dirk Meyer

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I just saw this same problem experienced in the French forums and was reminded of this thread -so thanks again to Justin, (and to Dirk for having the problemwink ) I have added it to the Assignment FAQ - I see "Submissions closed" even though the submission and cut-off dates are in the future.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sanaz Parsaei -

Hello all. 

Actually I have the same situation, but few students are enrolled in the course, and when they want to add files, they receive an empty File Picker with the message below:

Sorry, none of your current repositories can return files in the required format.

Can you please help?

In reply to Dirk Meyer

by Shu Doi -

"This message will appear if you are trying an assignment as an administrator without actually being enrolled in the course, even though the dates might look correct. Try with a student account of someone enrolled in the course."

Average of ratings: Useful (1)