Error with Email-based Self-Registration!

Error with Email-based Self-Registration!

by erdal ayan -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

My moodle site does not send e-mail authentication/confirmation when a new user try to register at the site (see first screen shot). I checked SMTP configuration and also tried different types of SMTPs like yahoo and gmail but it did not work. Then I checked PHP info and it came up with the result in the second screen shot and as it is seen the line, "sendmail_from" has not got any value (see second screen shot). I have read the instructions under the following link: https://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Email_settings#SMTP_hosts

Should I configure "HTTPD/SELinux on CentOS/Red Hat (RHEL) 6.2/6.1/6" to make it work?

I am looking forward to hearing any recommendation ASAP.

Best,

Erdal Ayan, M.A.
Attachment Selection_003.png
Attachment Selection_004.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to erdal ayan

Re: Error with Email-based Self-Registration!

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Default for Moodle app is to use the local servers MTA (mail transfer agent).   Typically on CentOS that is sendmail - although more recently releases of CentOS come with Postfix).  PHP will default to using sendmail if PHP can detect it.   Suggest:

yum -y install sendmail

or

yum -y install postfix

Will get you an MTA but up to you to configure it appropriately.

Google for how to set up sendmail/postfix on your flavor of CentOS.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to erdal ayan

Re: Error with Email-based Self-Registration!

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

We don't use self registration, but we do have it sending emails.

And we pointed moodle/PHP at our main SMTP server which is actively monitored and maintained by IT, so works a treat. If you work in a college, they should have one you can use.