Upgrading from 2.5.3: iconv error

Upgrading from 2.5.3: iconv error

by Hugo Callens -
Number of replies: 1
Preparing to upgrade to 2.5.8.

Following the instructions in https://docs.moodle.org/25/en/Upgrade_overview I get the error below:

php_extensioniconvError reading environment data (16)Error reading environment data (16)

What does this mean? (It is not documented in the Moodle Docs)

How can I fix this?

PhpInfo says:

Configure Command'./configure' '--with-apxs2' '--with-curl=/usr/local/lib' '--with-gd' '--with-ttf' '--with-gettext' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-kerberos' '--with-openssl' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-mhash' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--with-pdo-mysql=/usr' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr/local' '--with-pear' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-xsl' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-iconv=/usr/local' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-safe-mode' '--enable-soap' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-zip' '--enable-wddx'
Registered Stream Filterszlib.*, convert.iconv.*, mcrypt.*, mdecrypt.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, dechunk

Thanks for any help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hugo Callens

Re: Upgrading from 2.5.3: iconv error

by Guillermo Madero -

Hello Hugo,

That's a minor upgrade. Did you change anything else in your system? Please provide more info about your setup (OS, etc.).

Does your phpinfo page show the iconv section:

iconv

iconv support enabled
iconv implementation "libiconv"
iconv library version 1.14

DirectiveLocal ValueMaster Value
iconv.input_encoding ISO-8859-1 ISO-8859-1
iconv.internal_encoding ISO-8859-1 ISO-8859-1
iconv.output_encoding ISO-8859-1 ISO-8859-1

The defined error string for error 16 says "INCORRECT_FEEDBACK_FOR_REQUIRED"; still a bit cryptic.

I would rather read and follow the full detailed upgrade documentation page: 

https://docs.moodle.org/25/en/Upgrading