Issues with "Reply" and "Send messages" in Android app

Issues with "Reply" and "Send messages" in Android app

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'm new to Moodle Mobile as  I got a Fairphone a couple of weeks ago and am using the app for the first time. Therefore I am not sure if my issues are my own ignorance, or little bugs -so I thought I would ask the communitysmile

My phone is running Android version 4.2.2 and the Moodle Mobile version 1.6

When I go to Notifications, I see the forum posts fine but in both portrait and landscape mode the "Reply" link is cut short. See here:

You can still click the "Rep" to reply, and the Send message box comes up. In portrait mode it is fine but in landscape mode it is stuck - and I can't move send or cancel it:

So what I  have to do is turn it round back to portrait - and then I see it like this:

I can click to send, and I can just about click the start of the "Cancel" button, so it does work, but it's not very easy...

Perhaps someone more experienced with the app could confirm ,deny or advise on this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Issues with "Reply" and "Send messages" in Android app

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Mary,

welcome to the Mobile world! smile

Please, can you use the option "Report a bug" so I can receive all your Mobile phone details to match your exact version and review this bug

Regards

In reply to Juan Leyva

Re: Issues with "Reply" and "Send messages" in Android app

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thankssmile I did use the Report a bug option and got all my phone details, but then I realised I could more easily add the screenshots and extra information by reporting it directly, so I did - MOBILE-664 - so just ignore the email report. (And another first for me -reporting a bug via email!)