Cannot login using Shibboleth auth

Cannot login using Shibboleth auth

by László Tornóci -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I'm using Moodle 2.7.1+, and I've installed the newest local_mobile (2.7.7). (By the way, that's needed if you want to use shibboleth, even if you have 2.7.x, right?) I have enabled "web services" and I can login in to my moodle as a user from Moodle Mobile app (Android). However, that works only, if the user is autheticated internally by Moodle. I switched the settings in local_mobile to "Type of login" = "VIa a browser window (for SSO plugins)", so that's what I have in the database:

select *   from mdl_config_plugins where plugin='local_mobile';
+-------+--------------+-------------+------------+                                                                                                         
| id    | plugin       | name        | value   |
| 59172 | local_mobile | typeoflogin |2 |
| 59171 | local_mobile | version     | 2014060404 |

If I try to log in as a user, who is supposed to be authenticated with Shibboleth, I still get "User is not in the database". No browser window pops up (that's what supposed to happen, isn't it?), and I can still log in as a user with internal auth.

One thing that may be somewhat unusual: I use http, https is used only during login.

What am I doing wrong?

Yours: Laszlo

Average of ratings: -
In reply to László Tornóci

Re: Cannot login using Shibboleth auth

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Laszlo, 

can you send me via private message your site URL? If you can create me a test user account in your site it will be great

Regards

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Juan Leyva

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hello,

thanks for creating me a test account.

I think that your Moodle installation is not correctly configured, please, follow step by step this guide:

https://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Moodle_Mobile_additional_features#Installation

In the Installation section you'll see that you have to enable the "Mobile" services (points 3 and 4)

Once that changes are made you should call this script that should return error: 0

yourmoodle.installation/local/mobile/check.php?service=local_mobile

Regards

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Juan Leyva

by László Tornóci -

Thanks for the help, now I can log in. Two more questions:

1. At the first login attempt a browser window comes up (as expected) and I log in the usual way using shibboleth. Now I have to go back manually to the Moodle Mobile app (I understand that). But after going back to the app I had to add the moodle site again (type in again the site URL). At that point the app got me logged in. Is that normal behaviour, or I did something wrong? How can I avoid having to add the site twice?

2. In the setting of Plugins, Web services, External services, local_mobile there is a setting called: "Authorized users only". What setting should I use for this one, and what is it good for?