Cannot have access to University Moodle

Cannot have access to University Moodle

by Chenye SHEN -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I am a student of Nottingham University and I find that Moodle Mobile app is unable to have access to University Moodle. When I enter the correct username and password, it shows "authenticating" and then the app rolls back to the Entering URL process without reported error. Moreover, when I enter the correct username but wrong password, the app report to me that "Username is not found in database". What is the most interesting is that I successfully enter the moodle account with same username and password via My Moodle (An old iPhone app whose latest update is before 2 years). Seems that Moodle mobile is less reliable than its old version?

btw, Nottingham Moodle has recently been updated to 2.6 and clearly it match the requirement of Moodle Mobile. The moodle website is http://moodle.nottingham.ac.uk . If my account is needed for test, please contact me.

Look forward to reply,

Chenye

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chenye SHEN

Re: Cannot have access to University Moodle

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Chenye,

yes, it seems really strange what is happening with your account? One question, are you using a password with white spaces at the beginning of end?

Is there any way you can contact your University Moodle administrator so he can create me a test account? I don't feel confortable testing with a real user account.

Regards

In reply to Chenye SHEN

Re: Cannot have access to University Moodle

by Jon Cox -

Please be aware that the use of any Moodle mobile app with the University of Nottingham Moodle platform is not supported.

Our instance of Moodle was upgraded on Friday 29th September and this may have impacted on access via the app you are using.

It is very important that you do not divulge your university account details to any one.

Thank you.

IT Service Desk (University of Nottingham)