New Feature: Export since filter on grade exports

Re: New Feature: Export since filter on grade exports

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I thought the original proposal in MDL-46599 was to change it so that a blank in the import file did not cause the grade to be wiped. That makes sense to me.

Then there was a comment that some people might want a way to wipe the grade on import.

Well, you could do that by having a special value, like '-', 'null', or 'No grade' (that last one localised) which when present in the file in place of the grade, would cause the grade to eb wiped.

That seems like a simple solution to the original problem. Am I missing something?

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: New Feature: Export since filter on grade exports

by Ileana Bladé Mendoza -

Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I am having the very problem exposed above. Several professors grading the same activity and each one of us wipes up the grades imported by the other professors because all of us have "null grades" for the students we don´t grade.

We currently have Moodle 2.4. Was there a workaround? Has this been fixed in later versions or will I have to wait til 2.8 with "Force Import" (and will that fix the issue) ?

Thanks,

Ileana