Error when trying to restore a course in 2.7

Error when trying to restore a course in 2.7

by Melissa Benson -
Number of replies: 2

Moodle 2.7+ (Build: 20140626)

1. Backup a course as a global course creator, course role as a teacher. No user data was backed up.

2. When I try to then restore that same course it gives me an error "error/restore_user_missing_capability" right after I chose a course category to put it in.

I looked in the teacher settings and all of the permissions are right.

This seems to have just come up in the last few days. I didn't change any settings. I'm also unable to go to my administration block, courses, restore course and restore a course. It's telling me I don't have permissions. Not sure if that is related.

Any help?? This is very frustrating.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melissa Benson

Re: Error when trying to restore a course in 2.7

by Melissa Benson -

I didn't think this was the tracker item for this bug because it's been a problem forever but it might be?? https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-29477

I changed my course creator permissions to match what a teachers is in regards to "Restore". This seems to have solved the issue (are there any drawbacks of this??) but not it's giving me an error at the end "The Student role in the backup file cannot be mapped to any of the roles that you are allowed to assign." Anyone know how to solve that problem?

What permissions do you guys have set for CC and teachers. I give all staff members CC global rights.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Melissa Benson

Re: Error when trying to restore a course in 2.7

by Melissa Benson -

Now when we try and restore it goes to restore and it sits there. It says there tons of minutes left.