Ability to respond to assignment feedback

Ability to respond to assignment feedback

by Dan Marshall -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

Is there a plugin (or other way) that would allow learners to respond to feedback. I.e a learner uploads a file to an assignment, the teacher grades this and leaves a feedback comment - I would then like the student to be able to respond to the feedback comment that the teacher has left for them.

Using Moodle 2.3

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Marshall

Re: Ability to respond to assignment feedback

by ben reynolds -

Look at submission settings in Assignment. If you require students to click the submit button, you've essentially got a draft - submit - feedback from teacher (who reopens the submission/revert to draft) - student revision/feedback to teacher - click the submit button circuit.

In reply to ben reynolds

by Dan Marshall -

Many thanks for this. I can see how this would work (with older students) just wondered if there was something that could show clear dialogue. 

In reply to Dan Marshall

by ben reynolds -

Oh, you want to track a dialogue back and forth? Journal is a possibility. I don't think you want Workshop, which is much more peer review oriented. I'm thinking there's a form of forum you might use.

See the forum for groups and put student and teacher in a group. You can use one forum for all the groups. I think it's a great deal of manual work to do this, but I may have some suggestions about grouping via CSV upload so you're not doing one-by-one group creations.

Using Force Separate Groups in a course, you can make each group's conversation not visible to the others' (apostrophes appropriately placed; think I got the singular correct as well).

In reply to Dan Marshall

by Damyon Wiese -
Submission comments sounds like what you want. In Moodle 2.3 you need to turn on the admin setting "Enable comments" under advanced features, then for the assignment you need to enable the submission comments "submission type". In later versions you only need to turn on the admin setting. This puts a 2 way comments widget in the submission page for the assignment where the teacher and student can chat back and forth directly.