conditional answers in quiz

conditional answers in quiz

by Josep Gavaldà -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everybody! it's my first post here

well, I'm trying to set up a quiz where the pupils can't go further unless they have answered a certain amount of questions correctly

i.e: suppose the quiz has page1 (activities on 'sum of two integers'), page2 (activities on'sum of trhee integers'), etc.

if you get 90% of answers of 'sum of two integers' then you'll be able to go to 'sum of trhee integers' and so on

if not, you come back to page 1 (or even to other resource...)

can anybody help me? I'm one day reading documentation with no success.

thank you very much.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Josep Gavaldà

Re: conditional answers in quiz

by Itamar Tzadok -

There is a standard feature for Conditional activities which allows you to restrict access to an activity until a certain grade has been obtained in another. So, if instead of quiz pages you use separate quizzes for the different types of problems it would be fairly easy to do what you want. hth smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Josep Gavaldà -

Thank you very much Itamar, that's a simple, but a big idea.

I was thinking on lesson module, but it seemed to me too bulky.

I'm going to try right now

Yes

In reply to Josep Gavaldà

by Melanie Scott -

As I was reading your question, I thought, hmm, I think you'd have to do that in lesson...or several linked quiz activities...except lesson doesn't allow partially correct answers (at least 2.5 doesn't...that may not be an issue for you).  With quiz, you can also set feedback for specific grade ranges and provide links if they get the "passing" score in each.  Hope it works!