Questionnaire - Answer the question...

Questionnaire - Answer the question...

by Chris Nelson -
Number of replies: 7

When we setup the questionnaire, and add our questions, the first page of the questionnaire has the text link "Answer the questions...".

Is there a way to change this text. I have looked through various php files etc, but cannot find where this can be changed.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Nelson

Re: Questionnaire - Answer the question...

by Chris Nelson -

OK I found where to change this -  under Language customizations... questionnaire...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Chris Nelson

by Adam Murray -

I have been looking for this - what is the name of the component?

In reply to Adam Murray

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The name of the string is "answerquestions"

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Adam Murray -

Thanks! I couldn't find it for looking!
Adam

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Eric Hagley -

Thank you Joseph for your ongoing support of this wonderful module.

I've been trying to change that too. I've gone into lang>en>questionnaire and editted the "answerquestions" string to "Click here to begin the submission process". I saved the file but the "Answer the questions" prompt still remains. I've checked on different browsers so it isn't a cache problem. Could you please let me know what I'm doing wrong? I'm using Moodle 2.7.2 with a questionnaire module I downloaded from the Moodle site this morning 2014070401.

Many thanks in advance.

Eric

In reply to Eric Hagley

by Mahesh Babu Telakula Sathyan -

Open up the langauge editor box. type the string that you want to replace and it appears in the box and you can edit the text and save it and the text is replaced.

In reply to Mahesh Babu Telakula Sathyan

by Jean Jones Grey -

I just saw this question after I posted mine, but I still haven't found the fix for this.

Yes, we went into Language packs and changed Answer the questions to Please click HERE to proceed with the questionnaire. 

But how do you actually get rid of this useless Answer the questions page?  

This is still an extra step. And when you have a useless step in an interface, it's makes the interface look less than professional and everyone wonders why didn't the questionnaire come up the first time when I clicked it on the course page? What am I getting from this extra blank page?

I was hoping that in the settings area for the Questionnaire Plugin, there might be a way to turn this 'extra' page off--but I didn't see anything.

Is there some code that could be modified in the questionnaire plugin so that when it's selected from the course page, it calls up the questionnaire?