Themes scrapbook idea

Themes scrapbook idea

by David Scotson -
Number of replies: 3

Is anyone interested in a Moodle Themes scrapbook idea? To give an example of what I mean, I just looked at the new version of Eduforge that Martin Langhoff posted a link too.

As well as being a cool resource generally, I also really liked the neat visual design used for the sideblocks on the right hand side of the front page. And after a click around I think I've figured out how it was done, and it's clever enough that I'd like to explain and demonstrate how the same technique could be applied to Moodle.

It would be neat if other people could contribute nice features of their own themes to give people starting out some concrete examples to learn from.

The question is, what's the best format for this? A forum, wiki or what? You'd want it to be easily browsable, and each item to be a readable standalone article, but also interlinking common concepts so as not to be repetitive and also allow for discussion and updates.

Any thoughts?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Scotson

Re: Themes scrapbook idea

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thanks David, a themes scrapbook is a fabulous idea! big grin

I'd suggest using a wiki (easy linking and updating). Perhaps we could add a discussion tab to a Moodle wiki like Wikipedia has?