No "Grade" Section in Forum Setting

No "Grade" Section in Forum Setting

par Clay Burell,
Nombre de réponses : 3

Odd: Two identical forums in two separate courses. One has "Grade" setting, one doesn't. Both courses have grade categories set. Moodle 2.7. Any idea why I can't assign a grade to the second one? Thank you sourire

With Grade

No Grade setting

Moyenne des évaluations: -
En réponse à Clay Burell

Re: No "Grade" Section in Forum Setting

par Mary Cooch,
Avatar Documentation writers Avatar Moodle HQ Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers Avatar Testers Avatar Translators

In the second one, where you don't see the grade, is the gradebook hidden from students in Course administration>Edit settings?

En réponse à Mary Cooch

par Clay Burell,

Mary, you are good. Wouldn't have imagined student view of gradebook would be required for me to grade an activity, but sure enough: enable grade view, and now "Grade" shows in forum setting. (Or new ones, anyway. Apparently once a forum has a response, grade can't be edited in it.)

Does the Gradebook have to be visible to students for this? We use a 3rd party gradebook, and Moodle GB calculations would be hard to make agree with the one we use. Would be nice to keep it hidden, but still use it for my own marking.

But thanks for the help!

En réponse à Clay Burell

par Clay Burell,

A-ha! Click "edit forum" in Gradebook, and there's a "hidden" button that hides the grade from students. I think that's the ticket.

Gradebook edit button

Hidden setting