No "Grade" Section in Forum Setting

No "Grade" Section in Forum Setting

by Clay Burell -
Number of replies: 3

Odd: Two identical forums in two separate courses. One has "Grade" setting, one doesn't. Both courses have grade categories set. Moodle 2.7. Any idea why I can't assign a grade to the second one? Thank you smile

With Grade

No Grade setting

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Clay Burell

Re: No "Grade" Section in Forum Setting

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

In the second one, where you don't see the grade, is the gradebook hidden from students in Course administration>Edit settings?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Clay Burell -

Mary, you are good. Wouldn't have imagined student view of gradebook would be required for me to grade an activity, but sure enough: enable grade view, and now "Grade" shows in forum setting. (Or new ones, anyway. Apparently once a forum has a response, grade can't be edited in it.)

Does the Gradebook have to be visible to students for this? We use a 3rd party gradebook, and Moodle GB calculations would be hard to make agree with the one we use. Would be nice to keep it hidden, but still use it for my own marking.

But thanks for the help!

In reply to Clay Burell

by Clay Burell -

A-ha! Click "edit forum" in Gradebook, and there's a "hidden" button that hides the grade from students. I think that's the ticket.

Gradebook edit button

Hidden setting