How can I change the Courses Page to show completion

How can I change the Courses Page to show completion

by NJ Lechnir -
Number of replies: 6

I am new to Moodle and have a lot to learn about the administration side.  One question I have right away is, how can I change the Courses Page to show Completion of a certain course right on the main page?  Right now, I have to drill down to the individual Course page itself to see the progress (Completed or Not Completed tick box).  I would like to see that information before I drill down.   Thanks for any help you can give me.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to NJ Lechnir

Re: How can I change the Courses Page to show completion

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Is there anything in the documentation Course_completion?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by NJ Lechnir -

Gareth, thank you for the reply.  There is nothing in the course_completion documentation that I can see, which is related to what I am looking for.   Maybe I was not clear enough in my first post.  I am looking for a way to show enrolled courses for an individual user, once they are logged in, which shows a list of their courses in list/grid format and also indicates activity completion or progress with a tick box for each row/course title right on the Front page.  Is this possible by adding some sort of component or block or design element on the Front page that shows this?  Do I need to design a new page that shows this kind of information?   Essentially, what I am looking for is a snapshot or dashboard type page for a user's courses in one view.

In reply to NJ Lechnir

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I see.  The main area is controlled by the course renderer (/course/renderer.php) which is overridable in themes.  In there I suspect are methods that produce the list of enrolled courses.  Perhaps there is or could be completion code added to show this.  To be honest I don't yet know.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by NJ Lechnir -

Gareth, thank you for your input.   I am wondering what the proper course of action is for me at this point.   How does one usually go about getting something like this changed within Moodle?   Should I inquire about getting a plugin or module developed by a Moodle partner or contractor?   What do you suggest?   Thank you for any help you can give me.

In reply to NJ Lechnir

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi NJ Lechnir,

To be honest, I know about themes and overriding plugins but do not know enough about the course completion code to be able to complete the task for you yet.  Therefore I would recommend advertising on Moodle jobs (https://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=54) for a contractor or contact a Moodle Partner (http://moodle.com/partners/) in your location.

Kind regards,

Gareth

In reply to NJ Lechnir

by William Lu -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

If you use the Checklist module and add checklists to any activity which you want to monitor, then:

When a student opens up the /my homepage, the checklist will display each progress right under their courses.

https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_checklist

It works well on every version and very stable.