File upload in Moodle 1.6

File upload in Moodle 1.6

by Ralf Krause -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hi Juan,

I tested the file upload for a Moodle site where I set the user quota for the private files to only 1 byte. Usually the user quota is 100 MB but if an admin does not allow uploads for the private files he will set the user quota to 1 byte for example.

I tried to upload a picture with 1.3 MB and Moodle Mobile 1.6 says that the upload has finished and that the file is stored in the private file area. That 's wrong! There is no file but there is also no error message in Moodle Mobile.

Best regards, Ralf

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ralf Krause

Re: File upload in Moodle 1.6

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Ralf,

the correct way for disabling file uploads in the Mobile app is edit the service and uncheck the "Allow file upload” option

For doing that you need to go to Admin / Plugins / Web Services / Services and then edit your Mobile service/s for disabling that option (notice that this only works starting Moodle 2.5)

In any case, the Mobile app should display errors when quota is exceed so I've opened this issue you may watch:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE-647