Dealing with incoming mail in efficient manner

Dealing with incoming mail in efficient manner

by Charles Fernando -
Number of replies: 6

We have a moodle site in Sri Lanka at www.cfpscourseweb.com and students typically follow 12 courses from a set of 15 courses for which we have coursepages.

We regularly receive from the parent university emails related to each of the courses such as the two 1-(Public Law; 2-Law of Trusts) shown in the attachment. When we receive such we would like to have those chanelled to the relevant course without too much of manual intervention.

Any help/guidance would be most welcome.

Charkes Fernando

Attachment emails_screen2.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Charles Fernando

Re: Dealing with incoming mail in efficient manner

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What do you mean by "channelled to the relevant course"?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Charles Fernando -

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. We would like such incoming email to appear in the news forum of the relevant course as it would be of interest to students of that course. Thank you. Charles

In reply to Charles Fernando

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

But isn't that where these emails come from - the News forums of those courses? Alternatively if you have the Latest news blocks in the courses then the students will see the news directly on the course pages. (Sorry if I have misunderstood) 

Edit - I think I see what you mean now (see later post)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mary Cooch -

Ah! Do you mean that people are replying to these news forum posts when they come into their email box and you want those email replies to go directly to the News forum? Here is a tracker issue: MDL-3714

In reply to Mary Cooch

by dawn alderson -

Hi there,

Sounds like each instructor across all 15 courses needs to have a news forum block for their own course...once instructor receives any specific email that needs to be communicated for their specific course this can be channelled through the said news forum block to the corresponding cohort....I suppose the same would apply for a html block for twitter too.......am not sure there is a tool that can relay the specific message from UoL (I assume the parent Uni) across the 15 courses in a quest to place the specific message to a specific course/cohort....But, I could be wrong. Anyway, hope these links may be of use in the meantime:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=194835

http://moodleanswers.com/index.php/instructor-resources/activities/9-using-the-news-forum

Cheers,

Dawn