Unable to edit questions

Unable to edit questions

by Marcel Frano -
Number of replies: 14

I'm using Moodle 1.5, installed the questionniare module succesfully.
But I'm not able to edit the questions and hence could not create the survey...

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\Frano, Marcel\XAMPP\xampp\htdocs\Moodle\mod\questionnaire\questions_options.inc on line 47

Enter the possible answers (if applicable). Enter !other on an line by itself to create a fill-in-the-blank answer at the end of this question. Any blank lines will be suppressed.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\Frano, Marcel\XAMPP\xampp\htdocs\Moodle\mod\questionnaire\questions_options.inc on line 47

Enter the possible answers (if applicable). Enter !other on an line by itself to create a fill-in-the-blank answer at the end of this question. Any blank lines will be suppressed.

Anybody help, please...

marcel

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marcel Frano

Re: Unable to edit questions

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Marcel -

I need some more information...

Firstly, which version of the questionnaire are you using? When did you get it?
Second, is debugging turned off for your site? Some of those messages may not be errors.
Third, what are you doing exactly when you get these problems?

mike
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Marcel Frano -

Hello Mike,

I'm using the latest version of the questionnaire module which was last modified just today...

Tried again;

Debugging was turned off on the site, too.

I get these messages by clicking the "Edit Questions" button after editing information for the whole survey.

What's particularly confusing me, is that it doesn't print these messages just once... it simply doesn't stop... no idea.

thanks

marcel

In reply to Marcel Frano

by Dean Ang -
Hi Mike,
I have the same problem as Marcel.

regards,
Dean
In reply to Dean Ang

by Mike Churchward -
Sorry guys -

You got caught in the middle of a maintenance upgrade. I'm making this module work with the standard Moodle database functions, and hence PostgreSQL. Unfortunately, it seems to have broken some functions. I'm in the process of pinning it back together.

Try getting the latest and see if its any better.

mike

by Geoffrey Rowland -
Picture of Plugin developers
Hi

We seem to have a similar problem with the latest zip on Moodle 1.4.x or 1.5. In case it helps, we have attached a screenshot from when we try to setup/edit questions.

This module looks just what we want for course feedback. Keep up the good work Mike smile
Attachment Screenshot.jpg
In reply to Geoffrey Rowland

by Mike Churchward -
Hi Geoffrey -

Are you sure that you are using the absolutely latest version of the questionnaire module?

mike

by Geoffrey Rowland -
Er.... I think so?

Both the latest CVS and questionnaire.zip (8590  Last modified 6 July 2005) from the Dowload: Activity Modules give the same symptoms.

Everything appears fine up to selecting the [Edit Questions] button.

We are not using a confirmation page - but are entering header & body text. Similarly we are not entering an Email address, but are using the default theme (just in case these options have any significance  thoughtful)

Regards

Geoff

by Geoffrey Rowland -
Hi again

Just tried the latest Activity Module download (8 July 2005). Still the same problem sad. Is there any further info I can provide to help fix this?

Geoff

by Mike Churchward -
Are you a PostgreSQL user? If so, I'm still debugging issues with that, but I'm closer.

If not, I'm not sure what's happening. There was an issue with the edit screen not displaying at all, but that seems to have been fixed.

Can you provide me with all of the details of you installation:
- Moodle version,
- PHP version,
- MySQL version,
- Server type.

mike

by Geoffrey Rowland -
We are using MySQL

In more detail: the Moodle server is running on Red Hat Linux 9.0 (kernel 2.4.20-31.9smp) but rather than the native webserver/MySQL rpms, is using XAMPP 1.4.13. This provides Apache 2.0.53, MySQL 4.1.11, PHP 4.3.11 and eAccelerator 0.9.2.a. We are also using the mod_dosevasive Apache 2.0 module.

We get the same symptoms with both Moodle 1.4.4 + (2004083140) and 1.5+ (2005060201)

We have also obtained the same symptoms using equivalent Moodle/XAMPP intallations (without mod_dosevasive) on Windows XP.

I have not (yet) tried switching to PHP 5.0.4 as this caused some other issues with our installation.

I have also just tried quick test installations of the Questionnaire Module on Fedora Core 4 (using the native Apache 2.0.54, MySQL 4.1.11 PHP 5.04 & PHP- eaccelerator 5.04) with Moodle 1.4.5+ and 1.5.1. It still fails on selecting [Edit Questionnaire] but with different symptoms - it now gives a 'Survey does not exist' error message in a nice pink box!

The Questionnaire module seems to install correctly. After copying it into /mod, the database tables are built without error at the admin page. The Questionnaire option appears in the 'Add an activity' drop-down and the first two configuration pages seem OK.

Is this module working for others? Am I doing something daft?

Thanks for your help

Geoff

by Mike Churchward -
Hi Geoff -

Well, it is working for many, yes. I'm just trying to complete the rewrite of it to make it compatible with PostgreSQL. It shouldn't take more than a couple of days. When I'm complete, I'll post here. At that point, I would suggest removing the questionnaire module completely and resinstalling it.

I'll update you soon.

mike

by Geoffrey Rowland -
Cheers Mike

I have now got the questionnaire module working on a fresh test installation of Moodle 1.5.1+/Fedora 4/XAMP 1.4.14. Not entirely sure what was different with earlier attempts. All-in-all very impressive - just what we were looking for  big grin.

We have also got some of the 'harmless' Warning: reset()... php errors recently reported by others - but I see you are already addressing these.

Many thanks

Geoff

In reply to Marcel Frano

by Mike Churchward -
Please. Anyone who was having this kind of a problem, try the latest version in CVS (dated July 15th). I believe, some systems were treating php globals differently than others.

mike