Creating a shared resource page

Creating a shared resource page

by Alex Shelley -
Number of replies: 2

Our moodle has several different courses that share similar components.

I'd like to create is a group of pages that contain tutorials and basic shared resources. For example when studying the various courses in Digital Media, they each have basic photoshop tutorials or generic project planning resources.

Is it possible with Moodle to create pages that are not part of a course, so it is www.mydomain.com/moodle/page1.  Similar to the way you would in Wordpress?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Shelley

Re: Creating a shared resource page

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Alex,

Another option is a course "Sitewide Resources," in which you enroll all teachers with a student role and allow guest access so that students can download material, but not add material.

Then, you add a database activity (see attachment). A teacher can add the resource or tutorial in this database and link to it in his/her course. A teacher can edit what he/she has added in this database activity, but not other resources. One advantage of this approach is that the site admin has not all the work (like in adding a main block to the front page). You can also add a link to these resources in your Custom menu. If you want to hinder instructors to delete their uploaded resources, I guess you can do this within the database activity, but I haven't tried it. 

With kind regards,
Hartmut