I am about to set up a new Moodle site. I am not a programmer but I have created a moodle site before (using the Essential Theme) so am not a complete noob. However, please bear with me as I am trying to fathom Moodle mobile, which I've not dealt with before. I have searched for answers but am still unclear about several basic points.
My requirements and queries
1. 1. The Moodle (v 2.6.3) site I am developing needs to be able to be accessed on PC, Laptop, iPad and iPod, but not mobile phones.
oAm I right in saying all end users with mobile devices need to download an app to access my Moodle site, assuming I have set the site up for mobile users? If so, what apps and where do they get them? Are there different apps and are any better than others?
oIf they are accessing the site via PC or lappy, I assume there's no special app required.
2. 2. The core learning modules I'll be adding to this site are SCORM packages created in Adobe Captivate.
oAssuming I use a responsive theme, would I also need to create the learning materials so the layout is set up for PC and iPads? I am able to do this easily in Captivate but am confused about whether this step is needed or not. Here's what I mean http://www.adobe.com/au/products/captivate/features.html#subtitle
oAlso, would I need to save the Captivate resources as SCORM files in HTML5 format before uploading them to the Moodle site?
3. 3. My understanding is that not all Moodle elements/functions work on mobile devices. For example, the course grid layout option, forums, assignment uploads, etc. Is there somewhere that all Moodle options are listed and I can see YES or NO for mobile? It's really confusing trying to determine what I can and cannot include.
4. What layout is best? My last site was "fixed narrow" but I am a bit lost with what's required for a responsive layout.
4. 5. iPad users use the screen differently as there's no mouse, so is there somewhere that gives an overview of this? I ask because my learning materials (SCORM packages) are interactive and the usual "Click here" instruction will not apply to all users anymore. I need to figure out know how and when to modify these instructions.
Any help or advice appreciated, including links to info where any/all of these queries are addressed.