Editing section code: starting point

Editing section code: starting point

by Fred Riley -
Number of replies: 3

I've been asked to edit the default appearance of content sections in Moodle. Could someone quickly point me towards the relevant script(s) I'll need to edit?

I've had a neb at:

and of course:

I've searched this forum for "content section" (75 hits) and also the fine manual (5 hits), as well as "moodle content section coding" with a Famous Internet Search Engine. I could be using the wrong search string, mind.

Fred

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fred Riley

Re: Editing section code: starting point

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Perhaps to help people in their response, you could say what exactly you need to edit in the content sections?And if you mean the sections of a course then have you looked at all the contributed course formats first?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Fred Riley -

Thanks for the response, Mary.

"Perhaps to help people in their response, you could say what exactly you need to edit in the content sections?"

How they look. For instance, say I wanted to put a 2px border around each section, or wanted to add a couple of icons towards the bottom, or wanted to add some default text.

"And if you mean the sections of a course then have you looked at all the contributed course formats first?"

Nope. That's one starting point. I'll have a read of Course Formats and Contributed Course Formats.

On reflection, my Q has to do with theme editing, so I'll re-read the host of Themes docs. As a shortcut to save eyestrain, where in theme code does the appearance and structure of a course section lie? I suspect that this is also a rather naïve question...

Fred

In reply to Fred Riley

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Fred - you are just about to get a message from me saying I have moved this to the Themes forum smile