Can't delete assignment pdf submission

Can't delete assignment pdf submission

by g k -
Number of replies: 5

For some reason, I can't delete a pdf submission assignment I created. Whenever I try to delete it, I get the error, "Error writing to database" Turning on debugging yields an error  "Table assignfeedback_pdf_annot does not exist". I am running Moodle 2.6.3+ (Build: 20140711).

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to g k

Re: Can't delete assignment pdf submission

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Please can you confirm that you are using my pdf annotation submission/feedback plugins, rather than the standard editpdf plugin built in to Moodle 2.6?

Assuming you are using my plugins, then table you mention should have been automatically created when they were first installed - you would be unable to draw any annotations onto the page without them (comments might still be possible to add to the page).

If you've not got any annotated assignments, then the easiest way to fix the problem might be to delete the plugin via Site admin > Plugins > Plugins overview. If that is not possible, you could take a look at the table definition ( in the code or online at https://github.com/davosmith/moodle-assignfeedback_pdf/blob/master/db/install.xml ) and attempt to manually recreate it using whatever tool you use to access your site's database.

In reply to Davo Smith

by g k -

Yes. I am using this plugin. I downloaded from github and reinstalled. I am not sure how to install manually.

In reply to g k

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You say you have reinstalled the plugin - do you mean you deleted it from the admin interface and then installed a fresh copy?

Did this fix the problem?

If that did not work (and I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't have worked in the first place), then the only other suggestion I can make is that you ask whoever maintains your database system to manually create the database table, using whatever software they use to connect to the database (e.g. adminer, PHPMyAdmin or the relevant command-line tools).

In reply to Davo Smith

by g k -

Yes. This is what I did.  Now I am getting the error that, "Higher version already installed".  Impossible to get out of this loop.   Installed here:  /mod/assign/feedback/pdf  Is this your plugin?

In reply to g k

by Davo Smith -

That is my plugin - what version number does it say is already installed? What version number are you trying to install?