Auto-add users to cohorts in Moodle 2.6.3

Auto-add users to cohorts in Moodle 2.6.3

by Anastasia Robey -
Number of replies: 0

I'm in sort of a bind here, so I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Our company is providing courses to a large client with many sub-groups.  In the past, we have had two separate courses provided to the client, with the students/users divided by groups (counties), and one overall county manager or lead who has access to completion reports that we set up using the Configurable Reports block.  This implementation was all right, since they only needed to access two reports.

Users were enroling in the courses through oauth from our main website; they redeemed registration keys that gave them access to the course they were supposed to complete, and that also added them to the correct group in Moodle.

This year, we are providing them with six courses, four of which are "open enrolment" courses, so there is not the ability to rethink our process and use a meta course for easier reporting.  The client would like to avoid their county managers having to access six separate reports if at all possible.  Our timeline and situation is such that we don't have much ability to develop anything custom to add to our oauth.  That being said, I think the easiest/best way of handling this request is to find a way to automatically add users to a cohort based on their group.

I know that traditionally users are added to cohorts, then enroled in courses/added to groups according to their cohort.  Basically what I'm looking to do is the complete opposite.  I need users to be able to follow our usual process of redeeming a registration key on our main site, which passes through the group and course information to Moodle, and then once they're enroled in the course and added to the group, that also adds them to the cohort.

This would allow me to set up reports for each cohort that will be accessible to the cohort manager (custom role I'll create for these users) on their front page.

I haven't found any information through my Google searches so I thought maybe someone here could potentially have ideas on either implementing this, or another way to provide these managers with multi-course reports that only show students in their specific reports.

Please let me know if I've left anything out or you need more information.  Thank you so much for your time.

Average of ratings: -