Import of class rosters

Import of class rosters

by Jim Bruce -
Number of replies: 1

If I am posting this inappropriately, perhaps someone would direct me to a better forum.

Martin Dougimas is a firm believer that students should register themselves, but my own contention is that this destroys three or four useful weeks of the term getting students to properly register in their classes.  Our vision is to have 80-90% of the registered students loaded in their courses for day one of class:  no fuss no hassle...Moodle fast-food style.

Here is the style of CSV data I can get for class registration at any time:

"PERSON_ID","STUDENT_NAME","COURSE_SECTION"

"0003473","Gambler, Shirley V.","ENGL-222-01"

"0003473","Gambler, Shirley V.","HIST-110-01"

"0003473","Gambler, Shirley V.","PSYC-111-01"

"0003473","Gambler, Shirley V.","INST-108-01"

QUESTION 1 : How can I use this information to create Classs "ENGL-222-01" and load it with student "Gambler, Shirley V" (and all other students in the CSV list)?

QUESTION 2: Is there anyone who will contract to do such a thing, or set it up for us?  I know...lots of you can tell me how easy this is...but perhaps some who think it's easy would like to prove it by making some extra money?  wink

BTW I can have the student email addresses added to this if necessary. They are composed like this: gamblers@nvit.bc.ca , constructed like this  <lastname><initial of firstname>@nvit.bc.ca

Jim Bruce

Average of ratings: -