Questionnaire grading incorrect

Questionnaire grading incorrect

by Evan Donovan -
Number of replies: 3

I currently have a bug that is making my Gradebook inaccurate for the Questionnaire responses.

some people have Questionnaire responses that are tracked as having a grade of 0, even though they were submitted, and other people have responses that are submitted, but have a grade. 

Here is the data from the relevant table, the mdl_questionnaire_response table. I added in sample student's names for readability.

(name)

id

survey_id

submitted

complete

grade

username

Student1

y

Student2

y

See how Student1 has a grade of 0 in the grade column, but complete is marked as "y”. I believe this is the case for all the students that are showing up as inaccurate data.

I am using Questionnaire version 20101101022.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Evan Donovan

Re: Questionnaire grading incorrect

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Evan,

1.- 20101101022 looks like a pretty old version of Questionnaire. What about upgrading to a more current version? And which version of Moodle are you using?

2.- As usual, the problem you are describing is typical of something that is impossible to replicate on installations other than yours, especially since "sometimes it happens" and "sometimes it doesn't". I suggest you investigate (by looking at your Moodle database) and try to find out which event leads to the "grade" being sometimes 0 and sometimes 100.

All the best,

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Evan Donovan -

I don't know why it says that we are on such an old version of Questionnaire; I thought it had been updated more recently than that, but that is what the plugins screen said.

We are on Moodle 2.6.x.

I could try upgrading Questionnaire, but I'm not sure if that would fix the problem for the existing faulty records.

At this point, all I can say is that some people have taken the questionnaire and it's assigned them the proper grade, and others have not gotten it assigned. I don't know how to determine what circumstances trigger this. It is a fairly old install of Moodle that has been upgraded over the years, so it is possible that it could be some of the legacy questionnaires that were added years ago behave erratically.

Can you just confirm though that if you set a questionnaire to give people a grade of 100 on completion then a grade of 100 should show in the grade table every time a questionnaire is submitted? That way, I at least know that this is a bug and not some sort of feature that I misunderstand.

In reply to Evan Donovan

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you are using Moodle 2.6 then I recommend upgrading your Questionnaire to current version for 2.6 (see the Moodle plugins repository).

I cannot guarantee that upgrading would solve your problem, however.

Joseph