A Way to Delete Assignment Submissions?

A Way to Delete Assignment Submissions?

by Bryce Thornton -
Number of replies: 4
Does anyone know of a way to delete assignment submissions?  I realize that you can turn on "Allow Resubmit" for each assignment, but some of our teachers want to leave that option off.  Some of our students will turn in completely blank documents so that their parents see that they have been turning in homework.  The teacher wants to be able to click a button to delete the submission so the student doesn't get credit for turning the assignment in at all.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?  Is there anything in the CVS contrib section?

Thanks,
Bryce
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bryce Thornton

Re: A Way to Delete Assignment Submissions?

by W Page -

Hi Bryce!

Well!  Kids are always amazing with their creativity in trying not to do work.  Given what you posted, I guess that would be a nice feature to have.

You indicated that parents can monitor assignment submissions.  Do you have a separate Parent page or separate login that takes parents to a page where they can see only what their children are submitting.

WP1

In reply to W Page

by Bryce Thornton -
No, the parents actually just login as the child to see what they have been doing.  It seems to work for us.

I'll look into creating the "delete assignment" functionality.

Thanks,
Bryce

by Darren Smith -
I would really like to see a delete assignment feature also approve

by W Page -

Hi Bryce!

If you are referring to the "New Assignment" I suggest you contact Michael P (Michael Penney) and  Michael Avelar (Michael Avelar ) who I think was involved with creating that very nice module.  I am sure they will try to help.

Also create a bug/feature report and post the link to it here so folks can easily vote for it at,
http://moodle.org/bugs

WP1